Weekly Summary 15 Sept 2023
And just like that we've completed another week!! 🙂
We've received a telephone call from a local resident this morning in relation to some of our younger children running across her garden each morning! Please make sure that when walking to school, you have control of your children as it's totally unacceptable to allow children to run over residents’ gardens. They have a RING doorbell fitted so can see clearly that their plants are being trampled on. Thanks for your co-operation in this matter.
So, this week: -
- Year 1 had a great fun afternoon with Progressive Sport on Tuesday learning to play Frisbee Golf 🙂
- EYFS/Year 1, 2 and 3 had a lovely OFSTED treat on Friday. They bounced the morning away on and then enjoyed the magician and finished the day with a disco 🙂
- Thanks to all those who joined us for ERIC as well on Friday morning – it was lovely to see so many of you staying to share a story
Dates for the Autumn Term have now been issued via Marvellous Me, they have also been updated on the school calendar and also the school website and facebook page. More details will be issued nearer each event.
Key reminders have also been posted on the outside noticeboards (at the back of school by the steps) so this is a good reference point for PE days and key dates etc.
Please note we have the following INSET Days this term: - FRIDAY 27th OCTOBER and FRIDAY 22nd DECEMBER - School will be closed to all pupils
After School Club letters will also be issued over the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled for these as places are issued on a first come, first served basis so be quick 🙂 Clubs will be each Tuesday and Thursday until 4pm. We aim to start them week commencing: - 25th October 2023
So, looking ahead to next week: -
- Year 4 swimming on Monday afternoon (fingers crossed)
- Year 1 have Forest Schools on Monday. Children can come to school in old clothes, coats and sturdy footwear as they will be outside all day 🙂
- Mrs Fenton and I will be interviewing Year 6 children for additional responsibilities around school on Tuesday so we'll keep you posted on our new Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head and Deputy Boy.
- Year 5 have Progressive Sport on Tuesday afternoon. Children can come to school in their PE kit on this day
- On Friday we are celebrating Jeans for Genes day. Children can come to school in their jeans along with their school jumper. £1 donation towards this worthy charity
- Friday – Eric @ 8.30am for Reception/Year 1 and Year 2. Come along and share a story with your little one 😊 If you can’t make ERIC, please don’t drop off until 8.40am.
Have a lovely weekend and we'll see you all on Monday
Mrs B and the FL Team 🙂