Visions and Values
At Flash Ley we aim to:
- Develop children as confident communicators, able to express their thoughts and opinions in the knowledge that they will be listened to.
- Provide an educational experience that encourages high aspirations, develops talents and abilities and promotes respect for the environment, with an understanding of how the world works.
- Develop children who are well informed and able to make safe and healthy choices in all aspects of their life, both physically and emotionally, taking responsibility for their own actions.
- Respect and value diversity of culture, language and beliefs within both the school community and the wider world, supporting children to participate in and have a sense of their own role as a world citizen.
In June 2016 we reviewed and renewed our school vision and values in light of all we had been through. Together with the staff and children we picked key values that every child should understand and recognise within themselves by the end of their primary school education. We want to ensure these core values are at the heart of everything we do. This can be seen in our school mantra:
We are Flash Ley- a place where we all believe we can achieve.
Where we keep trying when faced with adversity, and aiming high is our only aspiration.
A school where working together makes us stronger: 1 team, 1 school, 1 family.
In every class we use the school values (as superheroes) to help us learn and grow in all we do. These are:
- To listen always (Listener Girl)
- To believe in yourself (Green Lantern)
- To aim high (Superman)
- To persevere (Hulk)
- To manage distractions (Cyclops)
- To work as a team (The Avengers)
- To be independent (Spiderman)
- To revise your skills (Ironman)
- To use ideas from others (Rogue)
British Values are firmly embedded in all areas of school life at Flash Ley. We actively promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs through a wide curriculum. Our broad and balanced curriculum promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of all our pupils.