At Flash Ley, homework is valued as an opportunity for children, parents and teachers to build a shared responsibility for learning.
We believe that homework can:
- Consolidate, reinforce and extend skills and understanding in all subjects.
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to work together.
- Allow parents to gain an understanding of what children are learning in school.
- Allow children to progress towards becoming more independent learners, encouraging them to develop resilience and self-discipline needed to study on their own.
- Exploit resources for learning that may not be available in school.
At Flash Ley we do not give out weekly tasks but focus on reading, spellings/phonics and times tables. We also give out half termly projects which encourage research and exploration as a family.
For more information about Homework in school, please read the policy below.