- Most parents are now well aware of how phonics is taught through the various workshops provided and learning packs that have been provided for your child.
It is vital that you spend at least 15-20 minutes each day revising the letters and sounds that children know.
- Phase 2 and phase 3 resources have been sent home with children at the beginning of the Autumn and Spring terms so please use these to recap. To support reading, we will be uploading examples of sentences that children can practise reading as well as games and apps they can use.
Here are some websites for you to support reading at home:
- Oxford Owl – Oxford owl provides a free e-library for parents to access. All you have to do is register with an email address - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- National Literacy Trust (5-7 year olds) - http://www.wordsforlife.org.uk/5-7
Please see the documents below for a guide to some free phonics based websites.
- One the best free reading apps that you can download on tablets is 'Teach your monster to read'.
Just type it in and download it for free - it looks like this...