PSHE/RSE (Personal, Social & Health Education/ Relationships & Sex Education)
Your PSHE/RSE co-ordinator is Miss Young
Flash Ley Community Primary School will, without justification or compromise, provide the best
start to life for all of the pupils in its care.
The staff and governors envisage this being carried out through:
- Having the child at the heart of everything we do
- Respecting the development and individuality of the whole child
- Outstanding learning delivered through outstanding teaching
- Continuously inspiring all aspects of school life to ensure best practice is always predominant
- Engaging parents and valuing the contribution made to their child’s education
- A commitment to the safeguarding and well-being of all children and stakeholders
- Keeping at the front of, as well as leading, educational development and practice
Our learning identifies the key concepts and skills that underpin PSHE/RSE and fulfils statutory responsibility to support pupils' personal, social, health, spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
PSHE/RSE prepares pupils for their futures and their present day-to-day lives. It is essential that pupils have the opportunity to recognise and reflect on how learning is relevant to them. PSHE/RSE has a rich body of knowledge taught through sessions. Learners need to 'know about...', 'know how to...' and 'be able to...' within the chosen theme/session, to progressively expand and enrich overarching concepts and skills.
For a detailed Subject content please look under the Policies section on the school website.