This Term we will cover the following units:
· Number: Place Value (within 10)
· Number: Addition and Subtraction (within 10)
· Shape:2D and 3D
· Number: Place Value (within 20)
Any Maths you can do at home with your child will really be extremely beneficial in helping secure their understanding.
Some things you can practice at home:
- Number bonds to 10 and 20
- Doubling within 20
- Counting in 10s, 5s and 2s
- Addition and Subtraction within 10/20
- Handling money – recognising coins
- Practise 2D and 3D shape recognition and properties
As well as our daily Maths lesson, we have maths meetings twice a week where we recap all areas of our Maths curriculum. These are fun, active and engaging revision lessons to consolidate and secure the children's understanding with a duration of around 30 minutes!