Another week has flown by!! 🙂
COVID: We would like all parents to be aware that COVID numbers are increasing nationally with reports of a new variant. Although the current guidelines have not changed we would like parents to be vigilant with regards to keeping pupils at home if they have high temperatures in particular.
A reminder of the current rules: if your child is well enough to come into school, they do. If they aren't well - keep them at home.
At the start of every term we see the rise in bugs and now that testing is not mandatory it is hard to know what the infections are.
We will be ensuring that our cleaning and sanitisation in school are stepped up to support this too.
Thanks for your co-operation in this matter.
So, this week: -
- Year 4 had a great assessment session swimming and have now been placed in the relevant groups ready for next week 🙂
- Year 1 enjoyed our new Forest School classroom - they stayed warm and DRY!
- Year 5 experienced Golf Frisbee and had a fun afternoon
- We all celebrated Jeans for Genes Day on Friday to end the week
So next week: -
- Year 4 swimming on Monday (a reminder NO JEWELLERY)
- Flu Vaccine Programmes Nurses in School on Tuesday - Reception to Year 6 children only
- Year 2 are in Forest Schools all day on Monday. Children can come to school in old clothes and sturdy shoes
- Year 4 have Progressive Sports on Tuesday afternoon so can come to school in their PE kits
After School Clubs start next week on a Tuesday and Thursday until 4pm only. Please collect from the main school office/hall doors promptly. All clubs are now full. You will have been notified by text as to which club your child has been successful in getting a place on. The clubs will run for the next 4 weeks and then recommence after October half term. A reminder will be given each week.
Keep your eyes peeled on Monday of next week for an announcement in relation to our Year 6 roles and responsibilities 🙂
KS1 - a reminder that we require £1 donation towards the Harvest and Autumn Learning. Money in an envelope and handed to your child's class teacher no later than 5th October 2023
A reminder that the cooler days are now approaching. Children need to bring a coat to school with them each day for break and lunchtime.
Have a lovely weekend.
See you all on Monday.
Mrs B and the FL Team 🙂