Weekly Summary 8 Sept 2023
Welcome back to school. We hope you've had a great Summer and are feeling refreshed for a very busy term 🙂 It's lovely to welcome lots of new families to our Flash Ley community.
We'll start first with some lovely news. Mrs Bates tied the knot over the Summer break and is now Mrs Wileman. We wish Mr and Mrs Wileman many happy years together.
A polite reminder that no dogs are allowed on site along with no vaping either.
Everyone has settled really well and children have already adjusted to the daily school routine. Lots of new friendships have been made and everyone looks super smart in their school uniforms.
A reminder that our main communication is via our Marvellous Me App and a weekly summary is posted on our school facebook page each Friday. We also have all our key dates on our school calendar. If you require a Marvellous Me sign in, please nip into the office and we can sort out one for you.
Key dates will also be posted in the coming weeks on the notice boards around the outside of school.
By now, you should have all received via MM the Autumn Newsletter which gives lots of information with regard to routines in each class, ie, PE days etc. If you haven't received this, please speak to your child's class teacher on Monday and we'll make sure you receive this. A reminder that on PE days, children can wear their PE kits to school.
So looking ahead to next week:-
- Year 4 swimming on Monday - a reminder that NO jewellery can be worn and anyone with long hair needs to wear a swimming cap 🙂
- Year 1 have Progressive Sports on Tuesday afternoon, so can come to school in their PE kits
- Roald Dahl Day on Wednesday - activities will be carried out in school. Children to wear their normal school uniform.
- ERIC for Reception/KS1 (Year 1 and Year 2) from 8.30am until 8.40am on Friday morning. A great opportunity to share a story with your little one 🙂
If you aren't attending ERIC arrive at normal time of 8.40am.
- Friday 15th September - it's the turn of our Nursery/Reception/Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 to have their OFSTED treat. This treat is being fully subsidised through school and will consist of a magic show, bouncy castle and a disco. Children can come to school in NON- UNIFORM on this day but please make sure they wear sensible shoes for lunch and break times.
- More details will be issued next week in relation to the OFSTED treat for Year 4, 5 and 6.
Key dates for Autumn Term will also be issued in the next few weeks. These will be updated on the school calendar and also be sent via the Marvellous Me App.
After school Clubs will be issued next week. These will be for Year 1 - Year 6 only for the Autumn Term and will run on a Tuesday and Thursday until 4pm.
Have a lovely weekend, enjoy the last of the Summer sun.
Stay safe, take care and we'll see you all on Monday
Mrs B and the FL Team 🙂