Year 1 Science Objectives
- To identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees.
- To identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees.
Animals including humans
- To identify and name a variety of common animals including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- To identify and name a variety of common animals that are carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
- To describe and compare the structure of a variety of common animals (fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, including pets).
- To identify, name, draw and label the basic parts of the human body and say which part of the body is associated with each sense.
- To distinguish between an object and the material from which it is made.
- To identify and name a variety of everyday materials, including wood, plastic, glass, metal, water, and rock.
- To describe the simple physical properties of a variety of everyday materials.
- To compare and group together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of their simple physical properties.
- To observe changes across the four seasons.
- To observe and describe weather associated with the seasons and how day length varies.