Welcome to Nursery.
Your Class Teacher is Mrs Hughes. Your Teaching Assistant is Mrs Hamilton.
On this page you will find information about our year group.
This half term...
- Our topic is Music & Sound. We will be exploring a different music genre each week, looking at instruments and their sounds, vocal sounds, volume, tempo and composition. We will also be experimenting with making our own songs and rhymes.
- The children have a new role play area to showcase their talents. We have created a stage complete with dressing room and judging panel for the children to enjoy. Already we have seen some impressive dance routines, singing and budding comedians! If anyone has a standing microphone we could borrow this would be most appreciated!
- We will be outdoors as much as possible as the weather heats up. Please be mindful of the weather and provide your child with a sunhat labelled with their name. Could we kindly ask you sun cream your child before nursery also.
- Just a reminder nursery begins promptly at 8.30 or 12.30. Should you child arrive late they are missing learning opportunities at register time such as name writing and phonics.
- Reading books - Children will be given a picture reading book the week commencing 08/05/2017. Please ensure your child brings their home school diary so we are able to log which books children have taken home. Your child will have their reading book changed once a week on a specific day. Please check your child's home school diary for which day their book will be changed and ensure they bring it to nursery. Any comments on how they got with the book on are also appreciated.
The Characteristics Of Effective Learning
The Characteristics of Effective Learning (COEL) are embedded through our Early Years Unit.
As a school, we took the decision to link the COEL with the Building Learning Powers (BLP) strategy that school have adopted.
Our children choose to learn and play through the BLP superhero attributes:
Playing and Exploring – Green Lantern (Self belief), Rogue (Imitation)
Active Learning – Superman (Aim High), Avengers (Team work), Iron man (Revise Skills).
Creating and Thinking Critically – The Hulk (Perseverance), Cyclops (Manage distractions), Spiderman (Ability to become unstuck).