Welcome to Nursery.
Your Class Teacher is Mrs Hughes. Your Teaching Assistant is Mrs Hamilton.
On this page you will find information about our year group.
This half term...
- Our topic this half term is 'The Ugly Bug Ball'. The children will be responsible for planning a ball including music, costumes and invites! We will be learning all about nature and mini beasts and what changes happen around us.
- At the end of last half term we introduced book of the week to read at story time and found this a great way to support children in recalling and describing stories through repetition. Our books of the week this half term have a bug theme and will include 'The hungry caterpillar’ ‘super worm' and 'Norman the slug with silly shell'. If you have any of these stories at home why not have a read with your child at bedtime.
- We are revamping our outdoor area and have already received donations from Parents & Carers so a big thank you! If you have any outdoor items that may be suitable please keep us in mind! We are always on the lookout for pots, pans, utensils, instruments etc.
- Our art gallery display board has some beautiful examples of work children have created at home. Please continue to send in your art work from home to display with pride!
- A number of Parents/Carers are still not utilizing the home school diary. There is important information about school placed weekly inside and you may be missing home learning opportunities as well as event invitations and school changes. Please ensure your child brings their diary everyday and that this is checked at home regularly.
The Characteristics Of Effective Learning
The Characteristics of Effective Learning (COEL) are embedded through our Early Years Unit.
As a school, we took the decision to link the COEL with the Building Learning Powers (BLP) strategy that school have adopted.
Our children choose to learn and play through the BLP superhero attributes:
Playing and Exploring – Green Lantern (Self belief), Rogue (Imitation)
Active Learning – Superman (Aim High), Avengers (Team work), Iron man (Revise Skills).
Creating and Thinking Critically – The Hulk (Perseverance), Cyclops (Manage distractions), Spiderman (Ability to become unstuck).