Welcome to Nursery.
Your Class Teacher is Mrs Hughes. Your Teaching Assistant is Mrs Hamilton.
On this page you will find information about our year group.
This half term...
- Our topic is Traditional Tales. We will be exploring 5 different traditional tales looking at the stories and their morals. Children will be discussing if Goldilocks should say sorry or if the gingerbread man should trust the fox?
- The traditional tales we are looking at are: Goldilocks, Jack & the beanstalk, Little red riding hood, The three billy goats gruff and The gingerbread man. Join in at home if you have any of the stories.
- We will be outdoors as much as possible as the weather heats up. Please be mindful of the weather and provide your child with a sunhat labelled with their name. Could we kindly ask you sun cream your child before nursery also.
- Just a reminder nursery begins promptly at 8.30 or 12.30. Should you child arrive late they are missing learning opportunities at register time such as name writing and phonics.
- Reading books - Children are enjoying their reading books and the responsibility of reading at home. Please ensure your child brings their home school diary so we are able to log which books children have taken home and change for new ones. Your child will have their reading book changed once a week on a specific day. If your child does not have their book on this day they will not have it changed until the following week. Any comments on how they got with the book on are also appreciated.
The Characteristics Of Effective Learning
The Characteristics of Effective Learning (COEL) are embedded through our Early Years Unit.
As a school, we took the decision to link the COEL with the Building Learning Powers (BLP) strategy that school have adopted.
Our children choose to learn and play through the BLP superhero attributes:
Playing and Exploring – Green Lantern (Self belief), Rogue (Imitation)
Active Learning – Superman (Aim High), Avengers (Team work), Iron man (Revise Skills).
Creating and Thinking Critically – The Hulk (Perseverance), Cyclops (Manage distractions), Spiderman (Ability to become unstuck).