Year 2 - Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar
Ways to practise your spellings at home:
- colour coding- Find some coloured pencils at home. Use the coloured pencils to help you to come up with your own sentences using our spelling words. Who (red), verb (green), Adjective/describing (orange), Where? (blue) how (adverb) brown.
- create a set of flashcards and practise these everyday.
- play a game by turning the flashcards upside down and take it in turns with a family member to sound out and spell the words.
- jumping/squatting whilst spelling/sounding out the word.
- write a story using the spelling words.
- using a paintbrush and water/chalk etc spell the words on the wall, floor etc.
- creating a spelling pyramid (the Wizards should know what this means)