Other skills that can be developed at home are:
• Singing counting rhymes and songs.
• Matching and ordering numbers.
• Counting objects.
• Using sweets to add and take away. If I have two sweets and add one more, how many sweets do I have? If I have four sweets and eat one sweet, how many sweets do I have?
• Recognising flat (2D) and solid (3D) shapes in the home or in the environment.
• Sorting shapes.
• Matching and labelling shapes.
• Cooking activities: weighing and measuring ingredients. Is it heavy, light, full or empty?
• Making comparisons such as which is the longest, shortest, biggest or smallest.
• Using objects such as paper clips to measure the length of items.
• Water or sand play activities and investigating full and empty.
• Sorting information by colour, size or shape.
• Reading number, counting and shape books.