Early Years Long Term Goals
In Nursery and Reception, staff have used team meeting times to utilise their vast knowledge of child development and build an 'expected' plan for the learners in our setting.
This map outlines the expectations of learning in our setting and clearly states:
- What the children should have learnt to do;
- when they should have learnt it.
If practitioners' knowledge reflects that a child is working below the expected standard at any point in the year, then planned and spontaneous interventions are carefully designed to help that child catch up.
These interventions may look like this:
- NELI (Speech and Language intervention - Reception)
- Speak out (Speech and Language intervention - Nursery)
- Play-doh therapy (universal intervention)
- Ginger (PSE intervention)
- Pindora's Box (PD intervention - Reception)
- Tentown (Maths intervention)