Early Years Long Term Goals
In Nursery and Reception, staff have utilised their vast knowledge of child development and build an 'expected' plan for the learners in our setting called our Long Term Milestones. We then use our milestones document to inform half termly medium term plans of the learning opportunities we are providing that support your child in reaching their milestones.
These milestones outline the expectations of learning in our setting and clearly state:
- What the children should have learnt to do;
- when they should have learnt it by.
If practitioners' knowledge reflects that a child is working below the expected standard at any point in the year, then planned and spontaneous interventions are carefully designed to help that child catch up.
These interventions may look like this:
- NELI (Speech and Language intervention - Reception)
- Speak out (Speech and Language intervention - Nursery)
- Play-doh therapy (Intervention for Speech and Langauge and Personal, Emotional and Social Development)
- Ginger (Personal, Emotional and Social Development intervention)
- Pindora's Box (Physical Development intervention)
- Tentown (Maths intervention)