Our topic this term is 'Animals Including Humans'.
By the end of the term we should be able to :
all children should be able to:
• Identify the main parts of the circulatory system.
• Explain the main functions of the heart, lungs and blood vessels in the circulatory system.
• State how the digestive system breaks down nutrients.
• Explain what constitutes a healthy lifestyle.
• Describe how drugs and alcohol can impact negatively on the body.
• Take accurate measures of the pulse rate.
Wow! What a lesson!
Today we had the amazing opportunity to hold, move, cut up and observe a heart. After a health and safety discussion we were all able to hold a sheeps heart and then explore it. We were able to name the different parts of a heart including the left and right atrium and ventricle. We also found the aorta and artery. We were all really surprised at the diameter of the aorta - we could fit our finger inside it!